2 pounds boneless beef strips
2 tbsp ginger paste
2 tbsp papaya paste
2 medium-sized onions - browned
5 - 7 tbsp mustard oil
2-3 red chili (whole)
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp black peppercorns
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1-3 black cardamom
1 tbsp paprika
salt to taste
- Blend together browned onions, ginger, and papaya along with whole chilies. Add it to the meat to tenderize it. Add mustard oil.
- Grind together all the whole spices and add it to the beef.
- Add paprika and salt to taste
- Let it marinate overnight but as little as 2-3 hours would suffice.
- Skewer the boneless beef strips and BBQ preferable on charcoal!
- Enjoy with lemon wedges, sprinkled cilantro, and ginger!